For International Day of Charity, I would like to highlight my favorite charity in the Bellevue Area – Bellevue Lifespring. This organization is near and dear to my heart for how hard they work to provide for needs of all children and their families in the city. Checkout some of their upcoming fundraising events!
What is Bellevue LifeSpring?
Our mission is to foster stability and self-sufficiency for Bellevue’s children and their families through programs that provide food, clothing, education and emergency assistance.
By addressing a child’s basic needs, Bellevue LifeSpring helps students focus on their education and break the cycle of poverty. Our wraparound approach includes the following programs and services:
Breaktime-Mealtime™ ends hunger by distributing Safeway food during school breaks to children enrolled in the federal free and reduced-price lunch program.
Last Year’s Impact: 1,800+ students fed
Clothes-4-Kids™ provides children with vouchers for new back-to-school clothes so they can begin their school year confident and ready to learn.
Last Year’s Impact: 500+ kids served
Thrift Culture supplies quality new and used clothing, shoes and household goods at affordable prices. Vouchers are given to families who cannot afford to pay.
Last Year’s Impact: 100+ families served
Grads-On-Track™ gives summer school scholarships to high school students, helping them stay on track and graduate with their peers.
Last Year’s Impact: 310 classes funded
Educational Grants awards four-year scholarships for higher education so students can achieve stability and independence wherever their futures take them.
Last Year’s Impact: 26 scholarships awarded
Emergency Assistance keeps kids stable and in their homes by providing food and basic needs, eviction prevention and move-in assistance for families in crisis.
Last Year’s Impact: 49 evictions prevented, five families moved into new apartments and 100+ provided with food and basic needs
Holiday Adopt-A-Family™ matches families in need with sponsors who provide food and gifts for Christmas.
Last Year’s Impact: 715 children served
How Can I Help?
How To Donate
- Make a secure online donation.
- Mail your donation to: Bellevue LifeSpring, 302 Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA 98004
- Call 425-451-1175 to make your donation via phone
- Designate Bellevue LifeSpring for your charitable payroll deduction (Tax ID #91-0658331)
- Make a bequest or planned gift – contact Jennifer@BellevueLifeSpring.org
- Stock transfer – contact Lauren@BellevueLifeSpring.org
- Become a Legacy Donor – contact Jennifer@BellevueLifeSpring.org
Other ways to support Bellevue LifeSpring:
- Sponsor and/or attend our fundraising events: Step Up to the Plate Benefit Luncheon and Uncork the Night
- Become a Circle Member
- Volunteer – with Bellevue LifeSpring or Thrift Culture
- Conduct a clothing, food or basic needs drive
- Donate your new or gently used clothing and household décor to Thrift Culture
- Designate Bellevue LifeSpring when shopping with Amazon Smile or Fred Meyer Shoppers Rewards
- Discover your best health and what’s happening inside your gut with a science based at home microbiome test from Viome. Get a personalized dietary action plan to fix it . Viome will also donate $50 to Bellevue LifeSpring automatically for your first kit purchased
Information and pictures in this post originally appeared on BellevueLifespring.org